Hours: Up to 20 hours per week as necessary to complete tasks; a typical schedule would be Monday-Friday from
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. during the school year with breaks as determined by the school calendar. This schedule may
be variable depending on the needs of students and staff.
Compensation: As determined by experience; this is a part time, non-benefited hourly position.
Position Overview: The Food Service Assistants will be overseen by the Food Service Director and is primarily
responsible for the preparation and serving of food for the three lunch periods that occur during the school day.
Food Service Assistants are also responsible for cleaning and maintaining food service equipment.
● Prepare and serve food in accordance with kitchen procedure in a quick and pleasant
● Serve on the serving line or as the point of service as directed.
● Assist in setting up and the display of the serving line for food service.
● Assist in the cleaning and storing of equipment and food supplies as directed
● Assist in the daily cleanup of the kitchen and the service areas
● Wash pots, pans, trays, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
● Perform major cleaning of refrigerators, freezers and storage room at regularly
scheduled intervals as designated.
● Assist in keeping accurate production records
● Responsible for maintaining a professional and courteous manner with fellow
employees, building staff and students.
● Follow all kitchen food safety protocols (will train)
● Perform other related duties as assigned by the food service director